maandag 18 mei 2009

Love is in the Air...

This article was first published on Valentine's day, 2005

This is one of those St.Valentine days where I'm sitting alone at home, crying my heart out because nobody loves me...well, ok, I'm not really crying and I'm sure I won't be sitting alone at home but probably drinking in a pub...but the truth is that nobody loves me. Oh sure, there will be somewhere someone who likes me, maybe even loves me, but they don't know me as well as I wish they would. Maybe they love the image they see before them, the toughtful writer, the patient teacher, the star-struck traveller,...but am I really all that ? Am I maybe nothing more than a lonely person, looking for love in the wrong places.

Anyway, the reason why I'm writing this, is because everywhere you see these people who are in love, who walk hand in hand and who exchange all their bodily fluids as if St.Valentine is a special day. I just want to tell these people : happy St. Valentine ! Enjoy it while it lasts, because you cannot take it for granted.

I was in love not so long ago and I thought it was a love that would last forever. A love so strong that it would withstand the test of time, the troubles and the tears. But how wrong I was. I tried my best, but my best was not enough. And so I'm here again, heart-broken, alone and crying...

Let's just hope I don't have to write the same column again next year

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten