zondag 10 mei 2009

Berlin Love Parade

We all travel for different reasons. Some to learn, others to forget. Some people like the sea, others the sun, maybe occasionally even the sex. But the most interesting trips are those you do out of passion. A passion to experience a new kind of life. Just read what happened to Regita, a Lithuanian girl I met on my travels recently

"I remember I once went to Berlin to see the Love Parade. I had never been in Europe before and it was the first time I decided to travel alone. I had met someone through the internet, and he was going to come along, but of course he didn't show up.

I really didn't have a choice. I am not the kind of girl to go back home and say to everybody that I couldn't go because some guy didn't show up.
I took my backpack, my sleeping bag and some money and went out to the nearest petrol station. Pretty soon I was hitching rides all the way to Berlin.
Unfortunately my last driver left me in the middle of the night on a parking, with no credit card, no German money, people didn't speak English, hotels were too expensive and I had nowhere to sleep

I started to look for a place to sleep on the ground when suddenly I saw a man on a motorbike who didn't understand English, but two words he understood : Berlin and Love Parade. After 15 minutes on the back of his bike I was in the middle of Berlin, again thinking where to sleep.

I went to the underground to sleep on a bench but I couldn't relax and then I decided to ask someone in a small bookstall if I could sleep in her shop on the floor. I was so happy that the next day I gave her waffles from Lithuania !

The next day I met a boy from Lithuania and we spent a wonderful time that I will never forget. Together we visited Berlin's most famous places, and went to the love parade. After that I had to get back to work again but on the way back in Poland a man left me in the middle of the forest because I didn't have enough money to pay him.

I did not despair and near the woods I saw a farm where I could sleep and continue my trip.
When I came to my workplace nobody mentioned that I was a little bit late.
So everything ended well, another new experience to my life"
[adsense:]

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten